Tibet is one of the world’s most desirable holiday destinations. Here you can experience tranquility and spirituality while unraveling Centuries’ old ancient traditions that have remained isolated on the earth’s most majestic plateau.
A three-night four-day Tibet package is a unique experience for those Travelers who are seeking to experience the historical and cultural legacy of Tibet in a small amount of time. This tour package focuses mostly on exploring Lhasa. The Tibetan capital of Lhasa represents the religious and cultural essence of Tibet, which is often described as the “Place of God”.
Lhasa is one of the most popular pilgrim sites often visited by thousands of Buddhist pilgrims every year. Situated at an altitude of 3,650 meters above sea level, Lhasa is a place that showcases 1300 years of history. A visit to Lhasa would not be complete without seeing the three grand Gelugpa Monasteries. Built-in the seventeenth century by Je Tsongkhapa and his disciples, this magnificent monastery is home to many Buddhist artifacts. The construction of Potala Palace by the fifth Dalai Lama, i.e., Lobsang Gyatso, was the major breakthrough in the history of Tibet. This three night four days Kathmandu Lhasa Tour will be a short trip yet you will have truly memorable experience since there is so much to learn and discover in Lhasa.
- Visit the Potala Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, built in the 17th century by the 3rd and 5th Dalai Lama.
- Visit the second largest monastery in Tibet, Gelugpa Monastery. Built by disciples of Tsongpas, this monastery is located in the northern suburbs of Lhasa.
- Exploration tour around Jokhang temple.
- Take a stroll down Barkhor Street to see the arts, crafts, and souvenirs of the area.
- Scenic flight to and from Tibet
Day 01: Fly to Gongkar Airport and drive to Lhasa. Over Night Hotel (BB)
A Scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa (3,660 Meters)The day before the tour, we will meet at your hotel to discuss the trip. During this session we will also introduce you to our tour leader. Take advantage of this moment and ask all your questions regarding the Tibet tour. In the morning, we will wake up early to prepare for our transfer to the Tribhuvan International Airport to catch the flight to Tibet. A Guest Relationship Officer from our company will accompany you to the airport. He will provide you with all the details of the Tibet tour, and hand you over the documents we prepared for the tour in advance. Once you leave the Tribhuvan International Airport you will have an amazing view of the Himalayas in the North, green hills between them, and the plain Terai. This will be a very mesmerizing experience that you will remember forever. Flying across the southern Himalaya range appreciating and praising nature, you will arrive at the Gongar Airport in Tibet. When you arrive at the airport, our Tibetan tour guide will meet you there. We will ride the Jeep for 2 hours to get to Lhasa, the spiritual capital of Tibet. We advise you to take the day off and rest due to the altitude. Overnight at the hotel. (Breakfast Included)
Day 02: Sightseeing of Jokhang Temple, Sera Monastery and Barkhor Market. Over Night at Hotel (BB)
A guided sightseeing tour of Jokhang Temple, Sera Monastery and Barkhor MarketTaking our first tour of Lhasa today. We'll gather in the lobby of the hotel early in the morning for breakfast. Having finished breakfast you will embark on an exploration of the city of Lhasa, where you will visit some monasteries and many historical sites. Commencing on our exploration tour, we will be visiting Sera Monastery. Built in the late 15th century, this monastery is one of the highly preserved monasteries in Tibet. Within the white walls and golden roof of this monastery, hundreds of Buddhist monks study Tibetan Buddhis. It is a utopia for those people who want to witness the buddhis tradition and culture from up-close. After exploring for an hour or two around the vicinity of Sera Monastery, we will take a break to fill our belly. This will enable us to prepare for our next destination i.e. Norbulingka. This monastery is widely known as the summer palace of the Dalai Lama all around Tibet. We will also be visiting one of the most sacred shrines of Tibet, the Jokhang Temple. This temple is surrounded by the narrow cobbled street known as Barkor Street where you can find Tibetan art and artifacts. Various souvenir shops are also available, so don’t forget to pick some up for your friends and family back home. Overnight at hotel. (Breakfast Included)
Day 03: Sightseeing of Potala Palace & Drepung Monastery. Over Night at Hotel (BB)
Sightseeing of Potala Palace & Drepung Monastery
Day 04: Drive to Airport for flight to Kathmandu.
Drive to Airport for flight to KathmanduSince it is our last day in Tibet, we will gaze around Lhasa for the last time and bid farewell to this spiritual valley. Our representative will transfer you from Lhasa to Gonga Airport for your return flight to Kathmandu. There are several activities you can do if you have more time, such as Jungle Safari in Chitwan, Rafting at Bhote Koshi, Paragliding at Pokhara, or sightseeing by bicycle.
RECOMMENDED TOUR EQUIPMENTS
- Duffel or Rucksack bag or suitcase
- Warm wool or synthetic hat that cover your ears (only if you are travelling in the cold season i.e. January, February and December)
- Goggles or sunglasses for sunbeam, dust and wind.
- A neck warmer is another piece of gear for extra warmth if you feel you will need it and is for cold season i.e., January, February and December. (optional)
- 1 pair warm gloves (This is required if you are travelling in cold season i.e. January, February and December).
- Rain coat and waterproof fabric if you are travelling in a rainy season.
- 1 pair cotton paints (loose jeans/khakis), 1 pair short.
- 2 pairs lightweight long underwear/thermals (if you are traveling in winter January, February and December).
- 2 pairs of liner socks, synthetic or capilene.
- 1 pair light camping shoes or sneakers.
- 1 pair sandal (Optional).
MICELLONOUS YET IMPORTANT
- Passport and extra passport photos (4 copies).
- Airline ticket (Please make a copy and leave on at our office in KTM just in case if you need to change the date of your).
- Durable wallet / pouch for travel documents, money & passport.
- Lip balm. At least SPF 20, 2 sticks. A string taped to the stick is helpful, to hang around your neck and some are now being sold with a cord already attached. Handy as it avoids you from having to stop and look for it.
- Toiletry kit. Be sure to include hand wipes, and liquid hand sanitizer
- 2 bandanas.
Small GroupsThere is no fixed departure date for the 3 Night 4-day Tibet Exploration Tour. This exploratory tour is organized only by your request. Prices and discounts vary depending on the size and number of days of the tour. The greater the number of travelers, the greater the discount. The group discount rate table is as follows. In addition to group tours, we also offer bespoke and tailored tour packages designed specifically for you, your family and friends.
|GRoup size||price per person|